PS4 Error Code (CE-34878-0) – Troubleshooting Guide By Experts
Just like other software encounters an error in their systems due to some technical glitches. PS4 also encounters an error that states CE-34878-0. If you also get stuck with the error text and want to eradicate it from your PS4. Then read this full guide containing all the troubleshooting to fix the error issue.
Well, if we talk about why it may occur to your system. Then, there can be a lot of reasons behind this. Corrupted data and system software issues are among them. The error can be resolved with a quick restart but it becomes threatening to your device and PS4 when it starts appearing constantly and creates hindrances in the gaming.
If we talk about the cause leading to the error then it can be the internal storage device of PS4 that creates hindrances and such kinds of issues in your gaming consoles. So, if you are having an issue and your internal storage becomes outdated then it is better to replace it with the new and updated version.
But if you don’t feel that the error happens because of the internal hard drive then you can try the troubleshooting that we are going to provide you in this article. But, before jumping to the methods to resolve ps4 error CE-34878-0, let’s gain some more knowledge of this error containing in the guide below.
PS4 Games that lead the error CE-34878-0
Many users have stated that the error CE-34878-0 occurs in the device while playing several games like:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Red Dead Online
- FIFA 19
- NBA 2k19
The official way to fix CE-34878-0 ps4
In order to provide satisfaction to its customer, Playstation on its website has already given some steps to fix the error. You can check out the steps from the website.
These steps are not confirmation that you will get rid of the error issue. Many users also report that these steps were not worked for them in resolving CE-34878-0. So, if you also face error text in your device after the above procedure then you can check out our guide having lots of methods and troubleshooting to eradicate the error.
Troubleshooting to resolve PS4 error CE-34878-0
1. First Identify the error
Before proceeding towards the solution, you must first identify the error in a manner that will bring you to the knowledge of the task that leads to the error.
- The user needs to update the internal hard drive if the error occurs during start-up which is again running slowly and loading the home screen.
- It can also occur at the time of watching movies and playing games. This signifies that the graphics card of the PS4 leads to the issue which can be easily solved by connecting it to other devices.
- If you face the error issue on the games of the external hard drive, then you have to perform the task of formatting the hard drive as it helps in resolving the error issue.
- Internet connection is another factor responsible for the PS4 error code ce-34878-0. If it is not working properly then you can have an error on your PS4. So, in order to enjoy the game console, you have to use a fluent internet connection.
- If the electricity fluctuates more often and there is a hardware failure in your system then again you have to fix it to resolve the error.
Now, moving on towards the next section, if you have not any of the causes in your system.
2. Start PS4 Again
This is the best method that will help in resolving any kind of error issue. Many users have also reported that restarting PS4 helps in fixing the error issue. So, it will help you too. You just need to follow the steps below to start the procedure.
- First of all, Switch the PS4 off.
- From the power outlet, remove the PS4’s power supply.
- Now, you need to wait for around 30-60 seconds.
- Plugin the power supply.
- Turn the PS4 on and boot it up.
When you are done with the above steps then go to that specific game having an error issue and check if it is still showing the error or not.
3. PS4 System Software Update
Updating system software provides you a great help related to the error issue. So, in order to do the process, you have to check out the steps below:
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the Playstation home screen and choose the Settings.
- Install the most recent update by Clicking on the System Software Update.
- Now, from the list of available updates, your console will be updated properly.
- Once the installation process is done, restart your PS4 and see if the error still persists or not by going to that particular game which shows ce-34878-0.
Move on towards the next solution if the error is still there.
4. Disable Face Recognition
If your PS camera and system are connected then you have to remove the PS camera and reboot the system followed by disabling Face recognition. To do the process, read the steps below:
- Go to the PlayStation 4 home screen and choose Settings.
- Choose the User option.
- Click on Login Settings.
- Uncheck Enable face recognition to disable its function.
5. Use Original HDD
Upgraded Hard Disc Drive can be the reason behind Fortnite keeps crashing and other games crashing on PS4. So, in order to avoid the risk of error, you should consider the original HDD for your PS4. For reinstalling the original HDD, you have to perform these steps below to back up the data saved in PS4.
- You need a USB storage device for storing the data that will be inserted into one of the PS4’s USB ports.
- Now, click on Settings. Then, go to the system.
- Select back up and restore.
- Then, you have to go through the data and confirm which data you’d like to backup.
- Give a name to your restored data.
- After that, you need to highlight back up and tap the X key.
- Wait until the process is finished.
- After restoring the data, you need to install the original HDD for better consoles.
- At last, go to your game and see if it’s working or not.
6. Reset PS4 Factory
Factory reset is the best feature that can remove all the hindrances from the PS4 and provide you a better console. It is the one-stop solution for PS4 users to stop any further technical glitch into it. If we talk about its working then it resets the PS4 by removing of console’s hard drive and system software.
So, you need to do the procedure after restoring all your data that you want from your PS4. You first need to acquire a PlayStation Plus account and then you can use the cloud for backing up.
This is the best feature in PS4 that helps in many ways to resolve the error issues within the PS4. PS4 error ce-34878-0 can also be removed with the steps provided below. Before proceeding with the steps, keep in mind to not turn off the system at the time of initialization as it can bring damage to your system.
- Open PS4 Settings, go to Initialization and select Initialize PS4.
- Choose Full.
- Move forward with the instructions shown to you.
- Now, restore the backup data and install the games and applications again.
- Check out the error still persists or not by trying the games.
7. Changing the Video Output settings
Several users have stated that changing the display settings from Automatic to 720 p help in resolving error ce-34878-0. You can try this too on different resolutions and choose the one that suits you better.
Although, PS4 is by default featured with 1080p that automatically manages video output settings. But, in order to resolve the issue, you can do the steps below and choose a significant video resolution.
- Open Settings and then go to the Sound and Screen.
- Click on the Video Output Settings and then select Resolution.
- Choose the default resolution from the options.
8. Game/App Update
If you are having improperly coded files in your game/app then it can lead to the error ce-34878-0. In order to resolve the issue, you have to update the game or app with the new updated version available. In order to do that, you have to follow the procedure below:
- Open Playstation Home screen.
- Then, highlight the affected game.
- Move towards the controller and press the Options button.
- Now, check updates for the highlighted game and update and install it with the latest version.
After finishing the procedure, open the same game again and see the issue is resolved or not.
9. PS4 Database Rebuild
It will consume a few hours of your time but can resolve the error issue ce-34878-0 ps4. In order to start the procedure, read the steps below:
- First, you need to turn the PS4 off.
- Now, you have to boot the PS4 into safe mode and in order to do so, you have to press and hold the power button until it released two beeps. The first beep occurs initially and the second one occurs after seven seconds.
- Join the USB cable that comes with the controller and DualShock 4 controller together and press the PS key from the controller. If PS is not responding properly then you attached a power supply USB cable. So, follow the steps carefully.
- At last, choose the option Rebuilt Database. It appears with a warning that the process may take a few hours.
10. Clean the PS4 CMOS Memory
If the above steps did not work for you then you can move on to this last troubleshoot. In this process, you have to remove the PS4 CMOS (complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor) from the PS4. So, it’s again a bit time-consuming but with this, you will get rid of the error ce 34878-0.
To start the procedure follow the steps below:
- The first step you need to do is to turn off PS4.
- From the wall outlet disconnect the PS4.
- In the PS4 case, look for the coin-sized CR2032 battery on the motherboard.
- You will need here a small flat-headed screwdriver to remove it from the motherboard.
- After a few minutes, replace the CMOS battery.
- Put the plugs into the power outlet and wait for around 5-10 minutes before switching on the PS4.
- The wait charges up the drained CMOS battery.
- At last, turn on the PS4 and check the error persists or not.
You can take the help of a technician if you cannot perform the steps.
11. Contact PS4 Customer Care Team
If the above troubleshooting will not work for you and you cannot do the process as they are time-consuming then contacting the PS4 customer care team would be beneficial to you. They will surely help you with their technical skills and resolve the issue of games like Fallout 4 keeps crashing.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)
1. Why do I keep getting an error CE-34878-0?
The error signals that your on-going game has been crashed due to the corrupted data. In order to resolve the issue, you can check out the troubleshooting given above.
2. How to Fix ps4 error CE-34878-0?
You can fix the error through so many methods like restarting the game, disable face recognition, resetting the PS4 factory, and so on.
3. What causes error CE-34878-0?
Due to the corrupted data, the game and the system get into conflict with one another and thus leads to the error. The internal storage of PS4 can also lead the error.
4. Why does fallout 4 keeps crashing?
Because you are having the corrupted data and system software issues in your PS4. In order to avoid crashing, you can update your game and internal hard drive and if the game still keeps crashing then you can check the troubleshooting above.
5. How do I clear my PS4 cache?
- At the top of the dashboard, click on the Settings menu.
- Choose Storage, then click on System Storage.
- Choose the option Saved Data.
- Select the game to access the game’s saved data.
- Click on the options button and select delete.